Monday, May 17, 2010

Just Another Day to Him....

Becca: "Aren't you excited for your Birthday tomorrow?!"
Derek: "Oh, I totally forgot."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's what you get when you're in finals over-load.
4 finals. 5 days.
To him, it's just another day to worry about before he can finally relax.
Noon on Friday will be just what he needs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 Things I Love About Derek:
(In honor of turning the big 2-5)

He always makes me laugh.
His laugh gets everyone else laughing.
He always supports me.
He gives the BEST hugs.
He never ceases to surprise me.
Gives me random bouquets of flowers- just because he can.
He supports me in everything I do.
He is focused on the important things in life.
He does great animal impressions.
He can quote any movie perfectly after only watching it once.
There is never a dull moment when we’re around each other.
We can sit and talk for hours and hours and loose track of time.
We love trying new foods together.
He is always a help in the kitchen and loves to be the “Spice Master”.
He takes care of me when I’m sick.
He lets me “dress” him & “style” his hair. (He listens to my fashion advice).
He is driven & focused on becoming a successful Doctor.
He loves his family.
He is the best person to have for long car rides.
He will rewind episodes of “Glee”, “Scrubs”, and “The Soup” on his DVR just to laugh at the same clip over and over again.
He writes sweet poems about me on the fly.
He loves sharing new facts and medical stories with me. I love watching his face light up when he does this.
I could be having the worst day in the world, and he can come and make everything better.
He has a great testimony of the gospel.
He is loving, appreciative, and grateful for me; I couldn’t ask for more.
Here’s to another year, another candle on your cake, and another birthday shared.

No comments: